The Types Of Information We Collect
Information you provide to us. Some of the Services may include features or services that allow you to directly provide us with contact information, such as your full name and email address, and other details about you. This comprises the following:
- Contact information and any other information you choose to include when you communicate with us, including via email, or respond to our communications.
- Contact information when you subscribe to Firm publications, such as newsletters, client alerts and other materials.
- When you register for a webinar or a live event.
You may also choose to submit information about yourself by other methods, including (i) interaction with us via social media, including any posts and messages that you may submit; or (ii) in connection with an actual or potential attorney-client relationship with us. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that communication and any contact information that is provided—we will keep your information private to the best of our ability.
Information we automatically collect. When you interact with the website, certain information about your use of it is automatically collected. Much of this information is collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies, as well as through your web browser or device. This includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Details regarding the device you use to access the website, such as your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
- Details of your visits to and/or use of the website, such as the timing, frequency and pattern of your usage, the website from which you accessed this website and the pages you visit here.
- Information about how you interact with our content and other information, including whether or not you open or click links in any web page or in any e-mail correspondence we send to you.
How We Use Your Information
We may use the information we collect from you for the following purposes:
- To respond to your inquiries or requests for information.
- To operate and improve the website, including understanding the activities of prospects and customer base and the effectiveness of our marketing, content and publications.
- To enable interactions with you, including sending you newsletters, client alerts, and other marketing materials, as permitted by applicable law.
- To comprehend how users, use the website, including by generating and analysing data.
- To attract, recruit and hire Firm personnel.
- To share with third-party service providers that provide services on our behalf which help us operate and improve the website and our business.
How We Share Your Information
We may share the information we collect as outlined below:
- Service Providers: We engage third-party service providers to perform services on our behalf, such as website, software, or data hosting, content management, database management, technical integration, marketing automation, analytics, site optimization, and payment processing.
- Social Media Platforms: Where you choose to interact with us through social media, your communication with these programs classically allows the third-party to collect some material about you through cookies they place on your device and other tracking mechanisms. In some cases, the third-party may recognize you through its cookies even when you do not interact with their application. Please visit the third-parties’ respective privacy policies to better understand their data collection practices and controls they make available to you.
- Change of Ownership or Organization Structure: We may share or transfer to another entity or service providers some or all information about you in connection with or during negotiations of, any merger, acquisition, transfer of any business group, change in ownership control, or financing transaction.
- Compliance and Harm Prevention: To comply with applicable law; as provided for under contract; to protect the rights of the Firm, you, or others; to respond to requests from law enforcement agencies or other government authorities or third-parties; or as we deem reasonably necessary to provide legal services.
In addition to the foregoing, the Firm may analyze aggregated, de-identified data and share these analyses at our discretion, including with analytics providers to analyze the usefulness and popularity of various web pages on our site.
How We Protect And Store Your Information
We use a combination of physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect the information we collect through the website. While we use commercially-reasonable precautions to safeguard your information, we cannot and do not guarantee the security of the networks, systems, servers, devices, and databases we operate or that are operated on our behalf.
Your Rights And Choices
Marketing and other communications: We may send you marketing communications about our services, invite you to participate in our events, or otherwise communicate with you for marketing purposes, as permitted by applicable law. If at any time you no longer wish to receive e-mail marketing communications from us, you can click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email.
- Website operations: Enabling features provided on our website, such as your preferences and settings.
- Analytics and Improvements: Understanding how the website is being used in order to improve it.
- Social Media: Enabling the sharing of content from our website through social media and other sites.
Managing cookies: Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, however, web browsers generally give you control over settings that allow you to disable or reject cookies. If you set your browser to reject or disable cookies, some features of the website may not function properly or be available to you.
Note: Your web browser may include “Do Not Track” functionality. We do not respond to browser “Do Not Track” request at this time.
Please write us at the following address:
118-35 Queens Blvd., Suite. 400,
Queens/Forest Hills, NY 11375